Tuesday, March 10, 2009

a goodlife

I started today, I started! I feel wonderful about what I've done.

I got up at 5.15am and drove to the gym "Goodlife". I had my first personal trainer session and it was great. I know really it's up to me but there is this small amount of pressure…..I have to fill out the card stating how much time I did on each machine and how many reps of the exercises that Glen (personal trainer) showed me. He looks over the cards each day and checks to see how well your doing. If you don't come back for a few days he rings to motivate you. I kind of like that idea. I have promised myself that I will try and go 4 times a week.

The gym has a pool, steam room, sauna, group fitness, squash, weights, cardio, cycle studio, personal training and a ladies only room. It was really busy at 5.30am this morning. I couldn't believe the amount of people coming through the doors.

Phil is going to join on Monday next week so that will be good as you can use your membership at any club anywhere in Australia. He will be able to go between his location and mine. The classes are really good to as they do yoga, palates, aqua aerobics and many more which I'm not sure about until I get a bit fitter.

The boys are going to join as soon as Seamus' collarbone mends. He broke it almost 2 weeks ago. He fell off his skateboard and knocked himself out. He's on the mend now. Otis is not as motivated as Seamus but the thing is Seamus can't go without Otis because he has to be accompanied by an adult and in this case Otis is the adult. So that's a good thing.

Anyway I've made the first step and I'm really glad. I won't have to worry about going walking in the dark at 5.30am in the winter and I can go rain, hail and shine, there are no more excuses.

It is the year of the body and I am sticking to that.

No comments: