Monday, April 23, 2018

job searching

Oh, I see that I wrote I did not want to work in a corporate environment again, well to an extent that is true, but I have had many jobs since that post. I am again not working. It gets harder each time to keep looking. It's soul destroying and I have a very good resume but what I don't have is youth, you see I'm 57 and a woman and it is harder to land a role where I get paid over about $55 -$60k. I know I should just be grateful and take the damn job even though its boring and so below what I can do.

I did, in fact, do that for about 6 weeks but seriously it was like a sweatshop. A group of underpaid women where working frantically each day for a large corporate business who are making millions. Why should I contribute to the unequal distribution of labour and money against women?

I am feeling very low, some days are ok but I am feeling really bad at the moment. Everything is judged by what you do. Well, I do nothing because I am not working.

I do wonder if I am a bit depressed, Pattie's death is still raw and surreal. Anyway will continue doing this I need an outlet...


Photo by Pattie Williamson

No comments: